Women's Monty Lo : Blue/Orange
The unisex Monty is an ode to the classic light hikers of the 80s. This was always one of our favorite styles, and we were saddened to see this silhouette following the same path as the average middle-aged person's waistline. Several years ago we decided to resurrect this classic style and put it on a much-needed health program to get its proportions back in check. It has been one of our most successful styles and we think the Monty is ready for any adventure you come up with!
- High quality oiled suede with DWR coating.
- Ballistic ripstop nylon panels.
- Colour matched eyelets
- Bespoke Ridgemont gum rubber lugged sole for superior traction & grip with impact absorbing eva mid-sole.
- Eva-cush footbed - antimicrobial, lightweight, supportive and super comfy.
- Vari-flex lasting board - stiff in the mid and heel, softer in the toe. Protects the underfoot from sharp stones whilst retaining flexibility in the forefoot for comfort.
- Gussetted tongue to keep dirt and loose debris from sneaking in and irritating your feet..
- Unisex sizing.
Shoe Care Guide
Your hiking boots are your best friend on a hike and taking care of them is essential. Read are shoe care guide for some useful tips.
Adventures With Ridgemont Hikers
These feel built to last, unlike recent hiking shoes from big brands I’ve had. One shoe was uncomfortable near the toe for the first week, as they are quite rigid, it it’s easing up now and I suspect these will get a lot of use.
Love this shoe and colorway! My normal shoe size 10 1/2 fit great, I did not need to size up 1/2 size.
I’ve had two pairs of Ridgemonts now. The first pair (a Monty hi) started breaking down at the sole after about a month, but I was convinced it was my own doing and I let it go. Applying some superglue and continuing to wear them until they failed entirely after about six months of near daily wear.
The second pair, a Monty lo did pretty much exactly the same but this time the sole started coming away entirely. So more fool me, won’t be trying them again.
It really is such a shame, because I love the style of these shoes. The quality just isn’t there despite the tagline.
I was so excited about these shoes because I love the color and style. They are great quality and gorgeous. I sized up half a size which ended up the right length, but unfortunately I had to return them because they were just too narrow in the toe. Not recommended if you need extra room for your toes, but otherwise they would have been great!