Men's Monty Hi Hydroguard - Pewter/Slate
This is the nubuck leather unisex Monty, featuring Mini RipStop panels and a 100% waterproof Hydroguard bootie liner. After listening to feedback from our ambassadors and all of you in the Ridgemont community, we decide to further develop our Monty Hi line for maximum durability in all situations. We’ve extensively field tested these, and feel confident that this new technology adds tons of technical functionality to the Monty Hi, while still retaining the same retro-classic styling that has made them so popular. Dry feet, looks sweet.
- High quality 2mm waterproofed nubuck leather.
- 100% waterproof Hydroguard lining, keeps your feet dry and warm.
- Ballistic ripstop nylon panels.
- Pewter eyelets & speedhooks.
- Bespoke Ridgemont gum rubber lugged sole for superior traction & grip with impact absorbing eva mid-sole.
- Eva-cush footbed - antimicrobial, lightweight, supportive and super comfy.
- Variflex lasting board - stiff in the mid and heel, softer in the toe. Protects the underfoot from sharp stones whilst retaining flexibility in the forefoot for comfort
- UK unisex sizing.
Shoe Care Guide
Your hiking boots are your best friend on a hike and taking care of them is essential. Read are shoe care guide for some useful tips.
Adventures With Ridgemont Hikers
I'm not sure how these are classified as waterproof, after 2 days of using on a small dog walk in some high wet grass, the water is seeping in through the seams and leather areas, despite having applied protection first. Obviously these can't now be returned as they have been used, but they are absolutely unfit for anything other than a gravel path. I've awarded two stars because they are super comfortable and fit well, but the claim on this page that they have "100% waterproof Hydroguard lining, keeps your feet dry and warm." is just a blatant lie. I feel very rather ripped off for the price paid.
The upper mesh digs onto the top of the foot when the boot bends, which can be a problem for long walks. Other than that it looks sturdy. Didn't get a chance to try out its waterproofing yet.